Ifdhal Kasim is a counsel of Nurmansyah Advocates. He started his career as a lawyer since 1991. He has many various experiences, such as Director of Law and Legislation at the Reform Institute (2005), Regulatory and Institutional Expert at the Coordinating Ministry for People’s Welfare of the Republic Indonesia (2006), Lecture rat the Department of Criminology, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Indonesia, a former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission of Indonesia (Komnas HAM).
Furthermore, he also having experience as Key Expert on transitional justice programme at Coordinating Ministry of Politics, Law and Security and at Office of the President’s Chief of Staff and Expert Advisor to the Chief of Police (present).
- Bachelor of law, Indonesian Islamic University
- Master of Law (LL.M), Columbia University
- Professional Advanced Education in the field of Natural Resources Law at Arteneo University
- Professional Advanced Education, Transitional Justice Essential Courses, New York Law School.
- Professional Advanced Education, Transitional Justice and the Rule of National Commission on Human Rights, Harvard Law School.
- Research Fellow pada Law Faculty, University of Oslo
- Indonesian Bar Association (PerhimpunanAdvokat Indonesia – PERADI)
- Islamic Student Association (HMI)
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Ikadin)
- Association of Muslim Scholars (ICMI)
Area of Practice
- International Human Rights Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Environmental Protection Law
- Intellectual Property Rights; and
- Investment Law.
- Corruption Matters.